Friday, January 31, 2014

Rihanna misses the fashion mark in fur stole, baggy jeans and bulky leather jacket as she catches a flight out of JFK - By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Rihanna misses the fashion mark in fur stole, baggy jeans and bulky leather jacket as she catches a flight out of JFK 
 By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

She may have been wearing a big smile but that was the only pleasing thing about Rihanna's look on Thursday.
The 25-year-old singer arrived at JFK Airport in New York wearing what looked like a dead animal around her neck as a scarf. 
While the offending item may have been fake fur, it still looked utterly ridiculous and added to the rest of her outfit choices, it was a sartorial fail for Rihanna.


At least someone's smiling! Rihanna couldn't keep a huge grin off her face as she arrived at JFK Airport, despite her terrible outfit including a hideous fur stole 






Unflattering: Everything about Rihanna's look, from her bulky leather jacket to her baggy jeans, was a fashion fail.
Rihanna wore unflattering baggy jeans with clumpy workman boots, a black top and a bulky blue leather jacket

Her long black hair was straightened and left loose around her shoulders and she held on to a black carry-on bag as she made her way through the terminal.
Rihanna spent some time in New York this way to promote her Mac Viva Glam make-up line with proceeds going to AIDS charities







Down to earth: She may be one of the most famous women in the world, but Rihanna was happy to carry her own belongings as she made her way to her flight



Disappointing: She may have been wearing a big smile but that was the only pleasing thing about Rihanna's look on Thursday.
'I'm now extending my role with MAC from creative partner to philanthropic partner with the Viva Glam campaign,' she said during an appearance GMA. 'Buying the lipstick is the most important part. Every penny goes to the MAC AIDS fund.'
The thing about MAC is they're not here to say 'be perfect'. They want to have fun. I want you to have fun. I love having fun,' the star added.  
'But you have to be responsible. You have to be safe, Protect yourself. You have to look out for yourself because no-one else can do that for you.'

Low profile: Rihanna kept her sunglasses on as she headed to board her flight out of LA on Thursday evening 
The party loving star was in good spirits, two days after her Grammy Award win for Best Urban Contemporary Album for Unapologetic. 
I was so shocked,' the star said about her win. 'Really, I was at home and one of my friends hit me and said you just won a Grammy and I was like, "What?"
'I went on the internet and I just saw Unapologetic. It was quite an emotional moment surprisingly but I was in shock. I'm excited. It was a good feeling to still be that excited at this point in my career.' 
The star also discussed the recent Icon award bestowed on her at the American Music Awards ceremony which was given to her on stage by her mother Monica.

She's not letting go: Rihanna left her scarf on as she went through security on Thursday


Low-key cool: The star was later seen arriving at LAX the following day, with a new addition: a white woolly hat


Airport strut: Rihanna clutched a drink in her hand after disembarking from the plane
It is a very surreal feeling. It's almost like I can't touch it. My mom she's so cute,' she said, watching playback of the moment she was presented with the gong.
'It was one of those moments where I felt I was dreaming. It didn't feel real. It still doesn't feel real because I feel like I have so much more to do.
'Icon - that's such a big title. That's such a big thing to say or to even be said about myself. Now the pressure's on. I have to live up to that and keep making my fans proud.'



Partied out? Rihanna looked a little sombre as she walked through arrivals solo




Raunchy: Rihanna's airport look was very different from her sexy turn in Shakira's latest video which premiered on Thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment